Friday, May 3, 2013

Border Wars 2013 Preview

Courtesy www.ROHWrestling.com

C&C Wrestling factory vs ACH and Tadarius Thomas

This will most likely be the first match of the night. It will have plenty of action and will be a good match. There has not been much, or any build up for this match. But, anyone who is familiar with these two team know that it will be a good match. 

Prediction: C&C get the win. They have experience and they should be coming up on a strong run soon. 

ROH vs S.C.U.M.

Michael Elgin and Jay Lethal will take on two members of S.C.U.M. that Steve Corino will pick. If ROH wins Corino will leave wrestling forever. If S.C.U.M. wins, corino will get to be the new permanent color man on the announce team, and a member of S.C.U.M. will get a shot at the ROH World Championship. 

Prediction: S.C.U.M. wins. ROH needs a color man badly. I think the story of S.C.U.M. isn't over yet. 

"I Quit Match"
Rhett Titus vs BJ Whitmer

BJ was once a mentor to Titus. Then they became a friends. Then they became tag team partners. rhett titus threw that all ayaw when he turned on BJ and joined S.C.U.M. I can't blame Rhett though. His career needed a change and now he has a chance at a new start. I think he will regret accepting an "I Quit Match" vs Whitmer. 

Prediction: BJ Wins. I don't see him quitting. That's it.

ROH World TV Championship
Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini vs Mark Briscoe

There are multiple reasons why this SHOULD be a good match. I just hope outside distractions don't take away from the match. as we saw on the last PPV, Martini can cause quite a distraction outside the ring. Him and his Hoopla Hotties can distract anyone. The thing is, Mark Briscoe is more than good enough to be the TV champion. 

Prediction: Mark Briscoe is the new ROH TV Champion after a great match.

Paul London vs Davey Richards

I have watched a few Paul London matches since he was added to the card and am hopeful of a good match. I am a Davey Richards fan and I will be hoping he pulls out a victory. This should be a good match though.

Prediction: Davey Richards wins

Taiji Ishimori vs Eddie Edwards

I am not as familiar with Ishimori as I do not watch much Japanese Wrestling. What I hear about him leads me to believe this will be a good match. Eddie may work a slightly different style so I will want to see if he does. I just hope he can protect his home turf.

Prediction: Eddie Edwards.

ROH World Championship
Adam Cole vs Jay Briscoe

It isn't fair. I have gotten so used to the Kevin Steen struggle, I am not used to a main event without him in it. I guess it it more that there wasn't that much build up to this match. Don't let that deter you though. This match could easily be a classic. With how the last episode of ROH TV went, I could possibly see a Adam Cole heel turn. It has been said that he is a better heel than face. Whatever happens, I doubt ROH will fail to put on a great show. They have been on a roll lately, I don't expect that to change. 

Prediction: Jay Briscoe wins for sure. Both Briscoes have been pillars in this company. Jay deserves a longer run than one month.  



No comments:

Post a Comment