Monday, April 8, 2013

SuperCard of Honor VII Review




Supercard of Honor was every bit as good as I thought it would be. Not only was it the best, or maybe one of the best shows of the weekend, it was totally better than WrestleMania as I predicted. I hope you didn't miss it or let some technical difficulties take away from a great show.

ACH & Tadarius Thomas def. QT Marshall & RD Evans 
This was a great opening match. RD Evans was the mystery partner. ACH and Tadarius have a bright future. But ACH is getting a lot of love from the ROH fans. I expect big things from these two in the future. I love how ROH keeps their tag division stocked up.

Mike Bennett def. Shelton Benjamin 
While it would have been great for WGTT to collide, this was a good alternative. I missed seeing Bennett (well Maria). He was about to make an announcement as to what company he would be signing with. He is a free agent and WWE, TNA and ROH want his services. I hope he makes the right choice. It would also be nice if Shelton is full time ROH. I feel he could have a really nice singles career in ROH. It will also make him practice being on the Mic more.  

Michael Elgin def. Jay Lethal 
This was my early pick for match of the night, and it did not disappoint. Everyone know I am a Lethal guy, but even though I was disappointed with the result, I can't find fault in it. Elgin is a beast and He does deserve another chance at the most prized possession. This could have easily been a main event. This match is worth the price of admission alone. 

SCUM def. Team ROH 
This was a nice, chaotic match. Caleb goes at Corino hard on commentary. This must have ticked him off pretty bad. During the match Corino attacked Caleb and he would not be available for the rest of the PPV. Caleb took a hard bump and it lead to Nigel doing commentary with Kevin. That was a great move. The Main event really benefited from this. 

Karl Anderson def. Roderick Strong 
This was the first match of the second half. I fully expected Strong to win, but I expected wrong. I enjoyed this match as well. Hopefully The Machine Gun comes back to ROH soon. I am happy the ROH has been bringing in talent that most Americans don't get a chance to see. 

TV Title: Matt Taven def. Adam Cole & Matt Hardy 
Matt Hardy get a special intro from Corino. Matt Taven does seem to have a lot of charisma. I didn't think Cole would win the belt as I think he need to move toward the next stage of his ROH Career. I would like for him to be a World Champion before that chance is missed. 

Tag Titles: reDRagon def. American Wolves 
I enjoyed this match far more than I thought I would. Not that I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but it was awesome. I liked this more than Elgin vs Lethal and I loved that match. This feud is far from over in my opinion. Man I think reDRagon is going to be a great team for a long time. They will be major players. 

World Title: Jay Briscoe def. Steen 
I still have not seen the finish and I have tried multiple times. That still doesn't take away from my excitement for Jay. I wish they let us see the celebrate to their old music. But copyright fees are expensive. The crowd was hot, the ROH roster surrounding the ring made it feel urgent. I didn't think Jay would win. I hoped he would and I just wish the technical problems didn't tarnish what was a great show overall.

This was a great card. If you missed it, "Sorry about your damn luck". Ring of Honor is on a roll. I can't wait to see how the TV taping set up BorderWars.


No comments:

Post a Comment